From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 1995 21:01:22 -0400
I'm a few days behind on the FML readings, so this goes back a few days.

Amy and Debbie were discussing their personal experiences with the greenies.
I would like to add an observation.

Ferrets which are breeders or at one time were capable of reproduction as
adults tend to have less problems with the green virus than ferrets altered
at an early date and sold/bought in pet shops.

I think - my opinion folks - that this might have something to do with the
muscle mass and development of the ferret.  Early alters do not develop mass
physically as well as late alters.

The exception to this are the Manitoba Canadian ferrets.  They do not seem to
come down with the virus at all.  It is my theory, only a thought, that maybe
the Canadian ferrets have an immunity - or are the carriers.

What I would like to know is this - for those people out there owning
Canadian early alter ferrets - have your ferrets been in contact with the
green slime, or have your Marshall Farms ferrets become ill while the
Canadians have not?  Do peoplel in Canada have the green virus??

PLEASE e-mail me at STAR [log in to unmask] with comments or answers to these
questions.  Once I get a composit, I'll share the results with the FML - no
sense cluttering the boards.

Thanks, Pam