From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 12:29:15 +0100
Last Friday was a bad day - Jill, a 7 or 8 y.o. was diagnosed as possibly
having lymphosarcoma.  She had been sleeping much more than normal so I took
her to see the vet, Tony could feel enlarged lymph glands plus Jill' s
abdomen was swollen.  She been put on a course of Predrislone plus half a
desiccated liver tablet per day.  Tony and I are both in complete agreement
about no surgery, as long as Jill is not in pain and appears to be content
things will carry on as normal.  I did consider letting her live on her own
as at present she is with a group of nine other ferrets but I have decided
against it - she'd probably miss the others.  I have been off-line for
nearly a month and have had to get a friend to download my email.  I was
horrified when I collected my FML's on Friday evening, I had been following
the events in MI as closely as I could but I extremely upset when I read of
what they had done (I have not written just how I feel - BIG wouldn't let it
through).  There has been talk of removing the quarantine period for animals
coming into the UK - after reading the FML's regarding how many States have
the kill and test policy plus the fact that they don't appear to have faith
in the rabies vaccination I for one would be extremely dismayed if we opted
to do away with the quarantine.  IMHO as soon as MP's etc are elected they
forget just who put them there, hang their brains up in the cloakroom before
entering the chamber and vote just how they want.  60,000 innocent UK target
pistol shooters were judged quilty because of one mad man.  The concept of
an International Ferret Organisation sounds interesting.

Sheila Crompton

http://www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm
Bolton Ferret Welfare & Newsletter Editor of the
National Ferret Welfare Society of the UK
The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily those of the NFWS
Don't forget KODO the INNOCENT and the Guilty of Bay County, MI