From:
"Cindy C. Sooy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 1995 21:45:26 -0700
Cocoa went in Thurs for an exploratory.  He had a huge adrenal tumor and
unfortunately his liver and spleen also had tumors.  My vet said there were
probably 14 or more fingernail size tumors in his liver alone.  There was no
way to remove them and Cocoa was put to sleep.  The tumors had been leaking
blood and fluid and that caused the edema in his hind legs and feet.  To
make matters even worse I had to have my 15 y.o.  German Shepherd put to
sleep on Wed.  With losing my ferret Babe last month and now my dog Angel
and Cocoa that makes three in the last month.  I've reached the point that I
can't play with the rest of my ferrets without thinking that the day will
come when they will die too.  It really takes away a lot of enjoyment.  I
know with time I'll be able to look at the rest of my gang without thinking
such morbid thoughts but I can't help it right now.  Thanks to all who have
written with encouraging words.  The FML is a wonderful support system.

Cindy