From:
The Weyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2013 05:24:26 -0800
Didn't we, the Ferret Community, take a shot once before at PetCo and
their selling of Ferrets? Right about the same time PetsMart made their
disastrous attempt at selling them?

Out here in southern Nevada the vast majority of Ferrets, probably 98%,
that come through our shelters are MF ferrets and the biggest supplier
of those ... yup you got it - PetCo. I detest both. PetCo for using a
vendor who puppy mill style breeds several different pets, not just
for pets but for research as well. Marshall Farms for puppy mill style
breeding (i.e. mass production). Our shelters are collapsing under the
weight of unwanted kids, and not just Ferrets. People like Marshall
Farms keep cranking them out, and PetCo has got to be their #1
retailer. Disgusting.

Sorry. I'll put my soap box down now.

Brenda, Momma to the FurpeopleWeyr
FurpeopleWeyr.com