From:
Kesrael Vacchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 10:02:09 -0500
I would start this post off with 'I don't want to be rude here but...'
but I think we all know that every post that starts with that is not
going to be nice. Not to mention that a few months ago, I got an e-mail
that started with that line that just ripped me to shreds. A few people
here may know what I am talking about...

I'm sorry but I think the OH ferret rescue is just going to be one of
those things that is an eternal sore spot for some of us in the ferret
community. Just like (well, kinda different from) raw vs. kibble.
People are going to have their opinions and that is the way it is going
to be.

Personally, I know how I feel and when I see posts relating to it, no
matter what that post says, I just keep in the back of my mind how I
feel about it.

I tried to help, I sent a donation, to this day I don't know if it was
ever received but I guess that is my bad, I should have put a tracking
number on the package. I also donated a lot of my time to put up a web
site that included helpful information, only to be told very rudely
that I was not helping the cause and to 'please' take it down.

I know, live and let live and time heals all wounds but I personally
have become jaded by all of this and I am one of the people to whom, I
think no matter what, the OH ferret rescue is going to be a very sore
spot. I am fairly new to the ferret community, having only been owned
by ferrets for 9 years now but now it is easy to see how some of you
latch on to things and they just become festering wounds. This is my
first one but I think it will be there forever.

I'm really not hard to get along with at all. I try not to be. Once
you're my friend, you're in forever. It takes some pretty serious
double-crossing for me to write you off forever. I can go years and
not talk to someone and have them walk back into my life just like we
never missed a beat. But when I try and help and you pull me down over
it, you better believe it, I'm not going to take kindly to it.

I'm Tammy a.k.a. on the Internet as Kesrael. There are a lot of people
in a lot of circles who only know me by that name and a lot more who
know me by both and still choose to call me Kesrael. I sign a lot of
things only as Kesrael. But Lori, I hear you're going to be at the
ferret show in York this weekend. As will I and if I see you there, I
will introduce myself with both names. You probably won't remember me
or my donations or how you treated me but I remember. I remember what
caused this sore spot.

The important thing, we have to remember is the ferrets. If you choose
not to donate to Lori, which is understandable to some, donate to the
shelters who took in the ferrets. Or, since I know the listing of
shelters who took in ferrets on Lori's web site is incomplete, just
donate to your local shelter. Face it people, whether or not that
shelter took in any OH ferrets, I'm sure it still needs help. I don't
think there is a single animal shelter anywhere that couldn't use a
little extra help. We shouldn't discriminate against them just because
they didn't take in any of the McKay babies.

*gets back down off of her soap box and returns to the shadows*

~Tammy - a.k.a. Kesrael

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by
the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the
shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken,The crownless again shall
be king."
"May it be you journey on To light the day;When the night is overcome
You may rise to find the sun"