From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:50:16 -0400
Licking with some incisor nips is just grooming you in the way that
ferrets groom each other.  So, you tall ferret you, you didn't even
know your REAL species!  ;-)

Opps, Wolfy tattled about me and quirks.  I am going to go hide under
the covered furniture where the ferrets sleep.  If you need me squeak a
rubber ducky.

Nicole, oh, gosh!  You have got to film that!  I think we'd better
consider getting our ferrets a Lazy Susan for the holidays.

Jess, I think that there are some past posts about ferrets with sinus
growths in both the archives of the FML (The address is in every day's
header and it is easy to use.) and the archives of the Ferret Health List
in Smartgroups <http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org> which is also very easy to
use.

Re: lamps on ferrets.  Well, ferrets don't tend to need warming; in
fact, they can overheat too easily.  Also, too much light might help
set the stage (especially in ones who have been sterilized) for adrenal
growths to form.  It is very useful to read about the value of darkness
and melatonin it causes the body to produce in the two archives mentioned
in the paragraph before this one, and also to read in
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc .
The fur loss could very, very easily have been a direct result from the
low levels of melatonin in the ferret's body.

Rebecca, did you know that the two archives already mentioned also have
post-surgical advice.  One very important tip to avoid post-surgical
complications or even death is to not have the ferrets doing any climbing
and be sure they stay very quiet for over a week, preferably over 10 days
or more.

Yes!  So right, Risa, and folks should check behind any electric stove.
Some just have a hole in the wall instead of a plug cover.