From:
Nicole Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:16:39 -0500
You made you "private matter" public the minute you posted it on the FML.
Do you think the same 50-60 people who post daily are the only ones who
see what you post?  No, there are lurkers and sometimers galore.  My main
concern now is for this poor ferret that you picked up as some novelty at
you local petstore.  Like people, these little guys have feelings and
emotions just like humans.  Would you treat a person in the same manner
as you are treating this defenseless kid?  I suppose that is not a fair
argument.  A human could probably find it's own place to live.  And, did
you ever consider that, quite possibly, your cat (who by the way I pray
does not ruin your sofa, you know, with hair and claws) could become a
friend to your ferret?  I know my cat was not too keen on ferrets the
first few (2-3) months, but soon, the chase was on.  They are the best
three friends in the world.  Look a little more closely at your options.
Don't get more stuck in your ways because a few people criticize a
thought you were entertaining.  I have a feeling all this negativity has
made you more certain that this is what you want to do.  Just to be
defiant.  And maybe that's that bad taste in your mouth.

Nicole, Silly Girl and Daisy Dooks