From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 1995 06:42:21 -0500
To Erik in Tx:

Have you been showing your Mom the articles from the FML??  I don't know
how long you've been on the FML, but there has been plenty of discussion
on the FML lately about keeping ferrets outside in hot weather.  That
should be enough to convince your Mom that they should stay inside.

I wouldn't feel safe keeping a ferret outside...besides the hot sun, you
have to concern yourself with worrying about heart worm disease (ferrets
can get it just like dogs can), attacks from wild animals and rabies,
fleas, ticks, etc.  It's much safer for them inside.

If you haven't done so already, Erik, ask Pam Greene to send you the
FERRET FAQ - it has a wealth of information - and show it to your Mom
as well.

I am encouraged by your attempts to read as much as you can and find out
as much as you can BEFORE bringing the fuzzies into your home.  Way to go,
Erik!!  :)

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA