Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 19:16:55 -1000
Here is the method we have used to introduce a new ferret to the tribe of
five.  After quarantine for awhile.

Had one ferret in the new ferrets area, one at a time and three
individual ferrets visiting the new one, no luck, screams and poop all
over the place.

Original five didn't scream at all, and these five visited 15+ other
ferrets with no screams or fights at all on either end.

The new ones cage is next to the five ferret cages.  Two of the mellowest
ferrets grabbed the new ones neck and shook them and shook them, this is
rare from the mellowist ferrets.  The one alpha has performed better with
low screams from the new one.  Most of the five just want to grab the neck
and shake and kill the new one.  The five original ferrets have been
around about 15+ other ferrets with "no" problems at all.  Our five don't
know what to do when the new one screams.  They are acting so odd.  The
five were introduced one at a time with no real concerns.  It is hard to
see them hurting the new one and dragging.  Can anyone else give some
light to our situation?

Sunshine