From:
Grace Sylvan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 23:41:00 PST
>First of all, I have heard two different stories; one that ferrets and cats
>do not get along and that a ferret can kill a cat if it feels challenged.
>The other story is that they get along well if introduced correctly

Well, I had my ferret when my roommate brought home a kitten.  Over the
years, it became 4 ferrets.  The cat would chase them a bit - and one time
she caught Rikki in her mouth by the skin on the back of his neck, and
carried him around like a mom carries a kit.  She clearly had a problem
though - what to do with him now that she'd caught him.  It was pretty
funny.

She only caught a ferret once, though.  Generally, the ferrets had her
running...  they'd run between her legs, or walk towards her making little
noises while looking *away* from the cat.  The cat would look at them,
perplexed, apparently not sure what to do.  They'd keep coming closer, while
looking away...  and then they'd step on her tail, or run between her legs,
dooking excitedly.  They used this tactic repeatedly on her, with repeated
success.

--
Tigger (Grace Sylvan)                Mom of Katherine Yelena, 6.5,
[log in to unmask]              Robin Gregory, 4