Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2008 10:09:58 -0400
Cassandra:

First, it sounds like her teeth and gums probably need close inspection
and cleaning. Sucking food and/or other curious behaviours like taking
a drink after every piece of kibble could be a sign of mouth pain
caused by bad teeth, loose teeth, gum disease, etc.

Here is our soup recipie that we use when our ferrets are sick, but
they also get it twice a week as a treat, and they all love it. And,
you can mix meds into it if needed.

* Equal parts of ground up (in food processor) kibble and Uncle Jim's
  Duk Soup Mix
* A little Ferretone and a little FerretVite
* Some slippery elm bark powder (great for soothing any
  gastro-intestinal problems, and for preventing any) You can get it
  in any decent health food store. NO known possible side effects.

Mix it all up with some water and heat slightly in the microwave (10-15
seconds). Make sure it's not too hot when serving. You may need to add
a little more water afterwards as it tends to thicken up as it stands
and is eaten.

Jeff
In Memory of Neo
Caring for Trinny, Morphy, Baby Girl, and Luna