Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 16:36:07 -0800
I received this email the other day.  Anyone missing a ferret from 5 years
ago?

I dont know how long your list of lost ferrets goes back but i thought I'd
let you guys know anyways just in case someone was still wondering what
happened to their ferret.  Well let me see..  about 5 years ago my
grandmother found a ferret in Livermore, california in the front of her
apartment complex.  She was not brave enough to pick it up so she called us
and we went down there and placed the ferret in a card board box.  The
ferret had some obvious problems, he was having trouble moving his back
end.  So we assume he had been run over by a car because there were some
black marks on his fur which werent hard to spot since he was black eyed
white.  We took him to the vet asap and had exrays done on him and sure
enough he had been run over and had internal injuries that would take
surgery to keep him alive.  We decided to try and go through with this 300
dollar surgery to save the little guys life, who we temporarily named
"Casper" .  Well sadly to say he didnt make it to the surgery.  I just know
that if i had a ferret that escaped i would want to know what happened and
i wasnt aware of a lost ferret registry until now.  So if u have anyone who
lost a ferret in Livermore, ca. area about 5 yrs ago that was black eyed
white then this may very well be there little guy.  Thank you.

Chris K.
Ferrets Anonymous Lost/Found Registry Coordinator