Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 20:22:09 -0800
I posted this on the FHL but only received one response so far so I
thought maybe you guys might have a clue.

I have a 22 month old MF male (neutered of course) ferret that is driving
my business crazy.  Every spring and fall since he was 9 months old he
goes into an aggressive humping phase.  He drops some weight.  He drags
all the ferrets around.  He scruffs the females and mounts them and
thrusts his hips.  He also seems pretty miserable.  He quits sleeping
with me at these times also.  He is free roam.  I have never heard of
ferrets being " proud cut" like in horses.  Is anything like that
possible?  Would a melatonin implant help or maybe a Lupron shot.  I am
guessing it is something in his body going crazy and giving him this
obnoxious behavior.  I am tired of rescuing the rest of the group from
his mouth.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mary Jo