From:
"Susan A. Kennedy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 00:58:19 -0500
First of all, I've been receiving the Ferret Digest for a couple of months
now, and I think it's absolutely wonderful.  I have had ferrets since I was
17yrs.  old - 20 years now, and am the proud Guardian of "Blossom", a
beautiful 15-month old female silver mitt.  But this isn't about me.

I have a little Sister, Diane, who lives in Las Vegas, Nevada.  About 18
years ago, I bought Diane her first ferret, a little scraggly, yellow,
undernourished furrball which she named "Little Bit".  She died of cancer
after living a full, healthy, happy life, at around 9 or so.  Well, Diane is
going thru a nasty divorce now, and all she has (or she thinks) is her
9-year old son, and her ferret.  Well, until a couple of weeks ago, her TWO
ferrets.  One of her ferrets, "Bandit" went off her food, and was acting
very lethargic one day.  She knows that a ferret will go downhill in a
matter of hours, so she got her to her Vet right then.  Diane had been very
sick with the 'flu and bronchitis, so - you guessed it - that was what they
thought was wrong with Bandit.  Until the Doctor took a closer look, that
is.  Bandit was riddled with adrenal cancer, and even if she had been strong
enough to beat the other sickness, she wasn't strong enough to beat the
cancer.  She died the next day at the Vet's.  Bandit was the same age as
Blossom, my ferret.  I live in Savannah, Georgia, and would have given my
right arm to be there with her when she called me that night.  Her babies
literally give her the strength to get thru this, and Bandit was the baby of
the two.  Leilani, her other female, has been doing weird things since
Bandit died, and won't eat anything but scrambled eggs, ferretone, (I sent
her some) and raisins.

What I'm asking is this - Diane doesn't have a computer, but I print this
out for her every night and mail it to her.  Could somebody please write?
She's having a real hard time dealing with this, along with the divorce.  It
would be greatly appreciated, believe me.  I'm also trying to locate a baby
for her - preferably female - in or near Nevada.  I sincerely hope I get a
response from this.  Thank you.

                     Susan Kennedy, "Blossom's" Mom...
                     "[log in to unmask]",          or