From:
Perry and Jamie John <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:15:59 -0600
I wrote about a month ago about my older ferret, Detmer, and his diarrhea
problem.  Medication didn't seem to do much for it and it's pretty much
cleared up on its own.  His poo is still bird-seedy and loose but formed,
but about once a week he has one really bad diarrhea.  3 weeks ago, it was
like butterscotch pudding.  Last week, really watery and dark green.  This
morning it was a large amount of mucus.  A few hours later, it was small and
dark green (not as watery as last week).  His next poo was pretty much his
"normal".  The only thing he's had other than his normal food is a very
small amount of Ferret-vite (and that was mostly licking at the opening, not
really getting any) on Monday.  I gave him about .75cc of Pepto after the
green diarrhea.  I haven't seen him poo this evening.  He's eating and
drinking OK, been a little quieter lately, but it's been hot.  Any ideas?

Jamie