From:
Christine Herman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 20:36:23 EST
i have 5 fuzzies, many of whom are rescues.  They are all typical ferrets,
dooking,dancing , getting into trouble and snoozing 15 hours a day.  Arthur
is my one year old male.  he has always been exceptionally mellow for a
ferret,loving to be carried around and following me everywhere with his big
bug eyes glued to me.My concern ss this-----Arhtur keeps getting fatter and
fatter.  He eats like a horse, begs for treats constantly and goes crazy
when he smells a glass of soda.He waddles he is so fat.I had ny vet check
him for any tumors or anything unusual, and his belly was soft, no adrenal
swelling etc.  Is this unusual?Should I be concerned?  Could there be a
blood glucose problem , hence the craving for sweets?  He is just the
fattest thinmg I have ever seen.  I can not ration out food very well
because of my other ferrets..who are all free roamers--so i keep the bowls
in the bathroom for them when they need it.His coat is thick and
shiny,bright eyes and he seems Ok, but does the flat ferret thing a lot and
has never been very playful.  He loves two things ,being carried around and
the food bowl.  Any advice would be helpful.  Please mail me privatly as I
have just had eye surgery and find reading the daily digest difficult------

thanks everyone--christine and the wild and wooly