From:
Kate Pappas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 12:20:46 -0700
Our feerets are trying something new--the "roll over on my back and
hold my feet in front of me and look so cute, like a little baby
ferret" pose. They look absolutely adorable, and they know it, getting
the "Aw, how sweet!" response from humans.

Mickey started in with the posing first. Zorro is an expert at lying
right at your feet, flat, looking all sad and hopeful and mopey in
hopes of getting some more turkey. He will also come up and paw gently
at your leg, and if that doesn't work, he'll climb up in your lap, in
hopes of getting little pieces of dried turkey from the
healthy-foods-expensive-pet-store-by-the-water.

Mickey isn't interested in the turkey at all. prefering kitty kibble.
She'll either sit in a coiled up snake pose, or come up and give you
a friendly little chomp to get your attention. . .

until she started with the "I'm so cute on my back, how can you resist
me?" baby pose.

Now Zorro is doing the "baby" posing too, instead of his "sad sack poor
me" pose. This morning, they both were doing this in the cage, clearly
hoping I'd go, 'Aw, look at you guys, I bet you want to come out!' and
let them out.

They are far from babyhood--they just turned three.

So be honest--how do your ferrets manipulate you? I know "ferret mojo"
is one way, of course (thanks to our loyal spy)--but I'd love to hear
other ways your ferrets attempt to control you!

Kate, Mickey and Zorro