From:
Brian and Lisa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 17:48:08 -0500
Hi Folks,
I am in need of your help again.  My Little Chi Chi was not acting herself.
She had small and loose stools and was heaving (vomitting motion with
nothing coming out).  Went to my ferret knowlodgable vet and had xray
taken.  Showed blockage to be 3/4 through intestines.  He sent me home
with laxatone and I am to call Monday morning to let him know how Chi is
doing.  I have been giving laxatone, duck soup and pedialyte since Friday
afternoon.  Have checked feces each and every time but have only found
partially digested flies.  Her belly seems swollen tonight.  Still pooping,
loose though, and urinating, even ate alittle on her own last night.  Can
anyone tell me how much laxatone I should be giving??  My vet said lots?
She has gone through at least half of a tube since Friday afternoon.  Her
butt is red and was prolapsed but is only red now.  Is there anything I
can do until I call him Monday morning.  I live 2 hours away also so I
won't be able to see him tomorrow until noon or so.  Can anyone give me
some advice???  Please!!

Thanks Lisa