From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:45:24 -0800
Greetings and Hallucinations!

The ferret is just as friendly today as yesterday.  but here is the update
on all the other stuff:

It is looking positive for the ferret to be released to my shelter, John

Baird plans on pushing for it.

The parents have been interrogated separately and both have the same story.
They were sleeping and didn't feel or hear a thing, the ferret was in the
cage - they claim the cage was broken.  Gotta go find the house - the cage
is outside now.  The husband claims to have cleaned up the mess, the bloody
ferret and cage.  (Sorry folks, the ferret needs a bath, his white is
dingy).

The prosecutor - whoever that is - says the doctors compared bites and by
the distance between incisors (?) is consistent.

Something is really fishy here,  why would you clean up an animal who
just mauled your child before letting in the authorities?  That is the
one that bothers me the most.

They made the authorities wait until they finished before they let them
in.  Perhaps they had to clean themselves up - or put away the drug
accessories?  This just doesn't sound right.

First I want to get the ferret out.  Then, I need to find a lab that will
test the ferrets fur for traces of blood.  You can't wash out blood
completely.

Once I get the test back, then we can approach clearing the ferrets name.  I
am positive that there will be no traces of human blood.

Anybody know of any labs that do this type of work?

The addresses everyone asked for is:

Animal Control
2690 West Seventh
Cleveland, Ohio   44113

These people have done a wonderful job, not only for the ferret but also

for all the animals in their charge.

The Plain Dealer
1801 Superior Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio   44114

At least they have tried to give fair coverage.

Also Paul Cox at Channel 19.  The Saturday following all the negative
coverage he was here at the shelter, doing a positive piece on ferrets.

That address is
Channel 19  WOIO -CBS
1717 E. 12
Cleveland, Ohio   44114

Hope everyone can see the pictures.  It is the best I can do.

By the way, Sam from New Z. called the Animal Control, and thanked him
for the job he and his staff is doing, he told me they never got a thank
you before.  It just absolutely floored him.

Jean & The Zoo Crew
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
Cleveland, Ohio