From:
"Bossart, Richard K" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 07:18:34 -0500
For those of you who hand out copies of "The Ferret Owner's Manual" to
shelter clients, pet stores, or just for education, there is now a revised
version available on-line for downloading.  The new version states on the
cover page that copies can be made for non profit distribution.  It updates
and expands on some of the topics.  The manual is now 32 pages long
including the cover page and Table of Contents.

I've used my AOL homepage to put it on-line.  Now I can make revisions as
I feel they are needed and not have to pester others to publish it for
me.  The site may not be fancy but you can view and dowload two different
versions.

http://members.aol.com/rbossart/myhomepage

will get you to both.  "Ferret_Manual" is a html version with links to and
from the Table of Contents to the various topics.  It should enable you
to find specific information easier.  The other one of interest would be
"Manual_Handout.pdf" which is an Adobe version suitable for copying and
handouts.  You'll need Adobe Reader to open it and print it.  Most browsers
have that installed, or you can get a free download from the Adobe Web
site.

If you represent a shelter or club, you're welcome to add your own contact
information to the end of the manual.  If English is not the native
language where you are, you are welcome to translate the manual and add
your own byline.  The manual, or portions of it, are already in at least
three languages that I know of.

Dick B.