Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 09:59:00 -0500
I realized I hadn't mentioned this before, I guess because I assumed it
would go without saying.  I **do** have an emergency fund for Dervish in
case she gets hurt or sick...about $300.  That's part of the reason I
couldn't afford to buy her.  If there were an additional cost I could take
out a $200 emergency loan through my college.  So that's $300 I have in
tangible, actual cash, and then an additional $200 that's accessible to me.
But that $300 is *not going to be touched for any reason*, even to buy my
baby, JUST IN CASE there's an emergency.  I wouldn't have considered having
my baby without having money set aside for medical emergencies, not after
reading some of the stories in the FML archives.  I hope this sets
everyone's mind at ease, knowing my baby is covered in case she gets hurt
or sick, and that there is an emergency fund that won't be used for
anything other than her medical care.  (I'm not even paying for her
vaccinations out of it...that's how determined I am to save it for an
EMERGENCY.)

Dervish is just fine, romping about like a crazy ferret.  She secretly ate
the raisin I put in her food bowl, so maybe she's just practicing Zen
self-denial or something when she refuses to take them from me.  Today was
bath day, after she tipped over a bottle of maple syrup and went tap
dancing in it (but didn't lick any...weird...my roommate is no longer
allowed to leave anything out!!!).  For a ferret that loves water, she sure
did freak out in the bath.  She did enjoy drying off...I turned the heat up
a little, toweled her off, then let her slide around in the towel.  As I
type, she's trying to get one of her jingle balls out of a sock.

Thanks to everyone for their kind, kind words and encouragement!  I've now
decided ferret owners are the greatest people on earth...and then I realize
I'm one, too!  (I hope I can live up to the standard!!)

Love and dooks,
Meghan
and Dervish (I can hear the jingle, but where's the ball?!?)