From:
Shelley Abare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 08:02:00 -0700
We're off!  My 16 y/o daughter, myself, and our five ferrets are off to
Michigan in a Jeep Wrangler!  We plan to camp up and back (one night each
way).  After looking over what I have to take for the ferrets there's not
much room for the human stuff!  Does anyone know of a good, pet freindly,
camp ground in the I-65 area of northern Tn/southern Ky area?  We usually
stop just inside the Ky border on the way up and mid Tn on the way south.
I've searched the internet, but I'm not having any success finding
anything.  Also, we want to stop and visit the caves in Tn.  Does anyone
know of a good way to carry five ferrets one my person?  I'm thinking
something along the lines of a papoose/baby pack like I used when my kids
were babies.  I don't leave until the 9th of June, so we have some time
before the actual leaving, but I'm a planner/obsessor.  We'll keep the
ferrets in the tent with us over night, but I suspect that it will get
too hot to leave them during the day.

Oh, also, is there any non-ferret counties I should avoid?  I go up I-65
to I-70 to I-95(?) I think, to get to the Detroit area.

Thanks,
Shelley