From:
Laura L'Heureux Kupkee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 1994 11:52:33 CST
Bill Sebok - you make a good point.  With *severely* reactive ferrets, you're
may be very right; better a possible disease risk than a likely anaphylactic
death.  Every case is different.  I was referring more to the types of mild
to moderate reactions that usually occur.  Severe anaphylactic reactions to
vaccines are not, overall, terribly common.  We hear about them more here
because the ferret world is so closely in touch.  Drug testing is a long
process -- we'll be exercising a lot of patience I'm sure before GalaxyD can
be approved for ferrets.  I'm not sure Solvay's even started (or seriously
contemplated) testing yet.

Laura

Laura L'Heureux
U. of Illinois Vet Med Class of `96