From:
Linda Decelles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 23:16:26 -0500
My son has recently taken over caring for a ferret with cardiomyopathy for
the Kansas Ferret Association.  He was diagnosed almost 2 years ago and was
the KFA told that he had about 6 months to live.  He is still doing well,
in fact at the last check up, the vet said his heart sounded very good -
strong.

In addition to his regular diet, Totally Ferret, he is being given the
following mixture daily.  Our vet, who's Dad is also a Vet and is
recovering from serious heart problems and by-pass surgery, takes some of
the same ingredients in this list.

1000 mg. Vitamin C **
500 mg L-Tyrosine *
6 capsules Hawthorne Berry (open and dump) *
1 tsp of Green's Plus *
2 Co-Enzyme Q10 caps (open and dump) **
1 capsule garlic (open and dump) *
1 capsul Vitamin E (cut open and dump) **
2 cc pine park *
1 tsp Pet Tinic *  (or new name Pycnogenol)
1 tsp cherry syrup   (I guess for flavor improvement)
6 tsp  Timmy's Tonic  *
1 ml colodial silver
1/4 cup water.

Mix well and divide between 6 cubes and Freeze.

After thawing , to each portion BEFORE serving add:
1/4 tsp. of Brewer's Yeast

The one's with the double astrix are the one's the vet recognized as his
Dad taking.  The one's with the single astrix I have been looking up
information on and feel comfortable with (even though I am not usually a
"natural suppliments person".

I have found, via a KFA member most of the ingredients at
www.VitaminShoppe.com
The Pet-tinic, Timmy's tonic and Green's Plus can be gotten through Gary
Holowicki at [log in to unmask] found through Ferret Central Info.

I have done a lot of looking up on this and other recipies and their
ingredients over the past 2 weeks and am going to try this basic recipie
(without colodial silver, cherry syrup, Brewer's Yeast, and Vitamin E)
added to Bob Church's Chicken gravy Feel free to contact us directly.
Hope all goes well with Lemke.

Linda and Norman - owned by
Frisky, Sassy, Baby, Mae, and Handsome