From:
"Alice D. Barrett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 09:24:20 -0800
Sorry about the puzzling misprint.  (The message left my computer in correct
form.)  The words were THANK YOU to everyone providing updates on Spokane
and to everyone ferreting out opportunities for us to help.

A year ago I arrived home one evening to find a wonderful surprise in the
ferret cage: a new kit.  My college daughter brought her home with her and
was sitting next to the cage smiling and full of excitement.  I named the
kit Fannie after the Fannie Bright you sing about in the second verse of
"Jingle Bells." Remember the words, "Day or two ago I thought I'd take a
ride, Soon Miss Fannie Bright was seated by my side..."?  For a Christmas
that contained some sadness last year, Fannie was BRIGHT and brought us lots
of good cheer.

Speaking of Christmas carols, "Silent Night" was composed by Franz Gruber.
Where have I heard the name "Gruber" before?

Alice

[Moderator's note: Yes, I thought it odd too -- the email arrive with some
characters chopped off.

No relation to the Silent Night guy.  And obviously he didn't have ferrets,
or he never would have come up with "Silent Night, Peaceful Night".

And thanks for the card, Alice! :-)   BIG]