From:
Publicity Chair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:54:53 -0700
A few of you out there let it be known
That you wanted to room with Tom, Dick or Joan!
I heard from many who had their own car
But thought that the drive would be a bit far
To travel alone -- by themselves! -- in that car.

As November draws nearer and leaves start to fall
Once more I put out that "need a friend" call.
So, if you are driving and still have a seat --
And think that meeting a new friend would be neat --
Speak up loud and clear -- calling Nell, Pam or Pete!

And if you do not have a car of your own
But want to ride with someone -- pick up the phone!
Well, no calls, not really, I made up that part!
But a car is better by far than a cart --
So put out a plea, and appeal to their heart.

Oh, and roomies are meeting each other 'bout now.
A few people are taking that "new roomie vow" --
To pay their own share and to keep the room clean
To not hog the bathroom or act really mean
So that all will think having you as a roomie is "Oh! So keen!

And if you are wondering if you'll get along --
Well, be a good roomie and you'll never be wrong!
For if you remember the Golden Rule view -
To do unto others as you would have them treat you --
You will be blessed with a room with much more than "a view!"

If you would like to travel together with someone, please write
ferret_symposium at yahoo dot com ([log in to unmask]) and
include your name, your location, if you are driving and need riders
or if you are looking for a ride. We will connect all responders with
people in the appropriate area.

Also, IF you want a roomie, you may also write to the same address.
Thank you! Look forward to seeing you in Pittsburgh!

Join us in Pittsburgh
November 7-9, 2008

International Ferret Congress (http://www.ferretcongress.org)
Ferret Emergency Response, Rescue and Evacuation Team (F.E.R.R.E.T.)
http://www.ferretemergency.org