From:
Tanya Grave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:00:54 -0700
[Moderator's note: I contacted Melissa for her side of the story.  Her
response appears in the next post.  BIG]

In July I placed an order with Melissa Callahan of www.ferretville.net
for cheweasels and N-bones.  After several attempts at contacing her via
email I finally made a claim thru paypal.  This is the response I got
today:

*Dear XXX,

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any
funds from the seller's account.  As stated in the PayPal User Agreement,
recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future
and will take appropriate action against the seller.  Such action may
include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the
account.  Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine
when to take action, including member complaints.  Due to privacy laws,
we cannot discuss the details of any action taken.  We hope you
understand our policy and that it assures you that you are safe using
PayPal. *

So this is my warning for everyone out there regarding Melissa Callahan
at www.ferrteville.net - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HER.  She is dishonest,
a thief and a liar.  She told me I should be receiving the product within
a few days, which to me means it's been shipped, but I never received a
package.  Nor did she respond to any emails afterwards.  Now I'm out $49
because she probably has or will close her paypal account too.  I'm very
disappointed by all this and will probably not do business with anyone
in the the ferret community again, unless they are a known and proven
distributor.  There's something to be said for paying higher prices at
stores than to help the little guy out.

Tanya