From:
Jackie Hawley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 19:05:16 -0800
[Moderator's note: This post by Scott <[log in to unmask]>, forwarded
here by Jackie.  BIG]

Good day FML,

As some of you know there has been so much involvement with the Spokane
crisis I do not think any one person could have all the facts, however now
more then ever is the time for all who wish to remain involved to come
together as a team to assist the new counsel and provide any and all
pertinent information regarding the case.  I also believe I have a better
understanding on why some individuals choose to remain anonymous with
donations and assistance with selfless acts of kindness and there has been
many.  Jean thanks you with all her heart.  I believe that most of the
people involved have Jean and the ferrets as the number one concern and with
out going into detail may I humbly suggest that we keep this our main
objective.

Dr. Stauber's update is fairly good news, he said "I am pleased with the
recovery of Freeway and Mighty Mouse and they have gained weight and are
looking much better.  I believe they can go home".  He also states that a
green like color exists in the scar tissue and opening internal abscesses
will still be common for awhile, he states that this could be from the
substance that was injected into the ferrets the day of the incident.

I have also have been asked to attempt to resolve rumors regarding death
threats and although it seems that this rumor has escalated and has been
altered in explanation, I would hope that facts are all that are being
reported.  It is true that Jean received a threatening phone call and this I
am aware of because I listened to it myself on her answering machine tape.
Jean believes it came from the Spokane County Jail and that the muffled
voice was indeed Lance Seurer

Let us also remember that Jean came home to 93 of her babies either dead or
screaming in pain and this is not just going to disappear from her mind over
night.  In fact it may never go away.  This is another reason why we need to
compare notes and form a bond of trust between those trying to help her.  I
could not begin to imagine what I would be thinking if I came home to such a
tragedy but I can guarantee you that I would be confused and angry so lets
try to understand Jean and our own motives as we continue to try and help
out.

Foot note: As some of you are aware I have a business with more than one
email address, so to assure prompt reply and that I receive the mail, please
send directly to: <[log in to unmask]>

Scott      [log in to unmask]