From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:55:30 -0700
Betty and the rest of FML:

I understand what you are saying...however everyone is different.  When
they come into my home they are my babies.  Whether foster kids or not.
I consider myself their mommy and they get the same love, devotion, time,
energy, caring and everything else that ANY other animal/child would get
from me.

I treat my animals as my kids.  Would it be less personal if a foster
child died or my real child?  Shoot no!  It hurts.  To me there is no
separating the two.

My babies are my life.  Whether they are here for a day or 5 years.  The
pain still hurts...I would give it a 10 for each death.

Maybe he should have just left that remark out and I would have left
it alone...but he didn't.  I tried to leave it alone...but I couldn't.
I guess I thought for sure another shelter would speak up...but they
didn't.  So, me with my big mouth said it.  Maybe I am the only one that
feels that way.  That is fine with me.

Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz