From:
chargrgrl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:44:59 -0700
I took 2 of my most well behaved ferrets to the Washington Fair last
night and held them or had them in my ferret sack all night.  I had SSOOO
many people come up and talk to me about them.

I kid you not though, I got asked at LEAST 50 times "Do they bite"?
People are just so misinformed about them.  Alot of people asked if they
were rodents and I explained about them being in the same animal class as
weasels, skunks and polecats.  I was asked about the "smell" alot and I
let people smell mine and asked them "Well, do they smell?" and they said
no.  I had explained that you do not need to wash them constantly and
that simple daily litter scoops, clean bedding, ear cleaning and the
right food take care of all of that.  Then of course I was asked alot of
where a person could buy one and for how much.  I gave them a couple
websites to go look at including the 2 shelter sites to do some research
first and to look into adopting one instead of buying one at a pet store.

I also had my young fuzzie with me at the fair a couple days ago with one
of my older ferrets and I was showing people the difference between the
two and beneficial reasons to adopt ones from shelters.

The ferrets also LOVED the music at the fair last night.  My boyfriend
and I had put the ferrets in their pouch since they were sleepy and as
soon as the band came on they stuck there heads out and watched the whole
show.  It was a country band, so I guess they like the same music as
Alicia's fuzzie Pica ;-)

My boyfriend and I go home knowing we educated at least a good number of
people about ferrets and crush some of those nasty rumors about ferrets.

I can't wait for Alicia to come home so we can start our "FERRET CRUSADE:
SPREADING THE WORD OF OUR HOLY FERRET".

Monica & The Fuzzy Bunch

Monica & The Fuzzy Bunch
Ferrets: Cloe, Zoe, Tonka, Ashtin, Baby Simone, Inky, Dinky, Maggie,
Petey, Giddieon and Lexxie
Plus 2 katty kats: Aireal and Duece
Never Forgetting My Ferrets with Wings