From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:47:38 -0400
This is just my experience with VetCentric that I wanted to share.  I do
no want to start a debate about ethical or legal practices, just want to
share info that is helping me.

I have been paying over $100 a month for Diazoxide (10ml of 50ml/mg) at
VetCentric.  I just discovered that it's about 1/3 the price at another
pet pharmacy who also compounds the medication.  When I asked my vet's
office manager about their policy and using VetCentric, he did admit
that they get a percent of the prescription cost from VetCentric.

I just want to urge everyone to check with local pharmacies (there is
a list of compounding pharmacies put up by the FHL) and to know your
options.  Don't just assume (as I did) that the pharmacy your vet uses
is the best option for you and your pet.

Dooks
Risa