From:
Heather Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 1995 01:54:14 -0500
Can someone please give me information on how to contact the American
Ferret Association in Frederick, MD.  A phone number or e-mail address
would be prefered (I just hate writing letters).  Thanks!

It's strange that the loss of other people's ferrets can affect me as much
as it does.  After reading stories about them for months, when one crosses
the bridge, it almost feels like I've lost a friend too.  I'm so sorry
to hear about Axel and Racy, and all the others.  I hope it does help their
parents to have the FML for support, because we do sincerely care and grieve
with you.

Please, Kelleen, don't blame yourself.  I know it sounds cliche, but
accidents do happen.  I know how horrible it feels, but you had absolutely
no malicious intent, and your dear, sweet fuzzy knew that and knew how much
her mommy loved her.  Grieve, but go on.  From your horrible experience,
we've all been reminded how precious our little ones are.  I know I'll be
walking more lightly and watching my step more carefully.  Thank you
Kelleen, and everyone else who shares their stories of their ferrets
crossing the bridge.  I hope that sharing your experience, feelings, and
memories helps in some small way to deal with your loss.  I know that with
every story, my little Gypsy is a safer ferret because her mom learns
something else to do, or not to do, or syptoms to look for, etc.  And I'm
definitely reminded not to ever take her presence for granted.  Thank you
all.

Have I gone on this long?  Sorry.  For some reason, I was just really
affected by the last couple of bridge crossings.  It's so hard to see your
pets go by in so short a time.  But maybe that's so we have a chance to love
many, many animals in our lifetimes, and to bring love into their lives.

Heather