From:
Melissa Rotert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:38:33 -0700
Ok, this is strange, and I don't know whether to be concerned or not.
There is a new website, which I found out about on the local news, called
www.youcanbarter.com.  This interests me, so I've been checking the site
with relative frequency.

Today, I found an ad, posted very recently, from Centralia, IL, asking to
trade "Tree Trimming, Pruning, Lawn Care, Web Design" for "2 ferrets or a
Female Yorkshire Terrier".  In the details, the poster specifies wanting
a male and female ferret.  (Though it says nothing about wanting a WHOLE
female and male.)

Now, I suppose that it shouldn't bother me that someone would want
ferrets, or that someone would want to trade something non-monetary for
those ferrets.  But the fact that this is posted in THIS way, and that
she specifies wanting a male and female, does send up some flags.  It
also occurs to me that a person wanting ferrets AND terriers isn't the
best combination.

An email address is listed, but I really don't know what I would even
say.  Maybe someone more learned or less shy (Me, shy?) than me would be
interested in finding out this person's intentions and how well they'd
be able to follow through with them?

Melissa Rotert
Mira, Robin, Samurai and O'Dell
Missing Cael, Booboo, Tasha and Nietsche always