From:
"Grable, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 01:31:12 -0400
Hi----

If what a manager told me at a local Petco is true, then MF should be
contacted by as many fert people as possible.  He said that the MF babies
come in on pine shavings.

I don't know how long it takes for respiratory problems to set in.  Being
that the babies are usually sent to the stores way too young, I'd almost
have to believe that the effects are both immediate and cumulative.

Thankfully, this manager listens and his babies are on the shredded egg
carton type paper.  However, they could certainly use a clean hammock and
more than just the tiny little one provided.

Different store now------

Does anyone know who owns Jerry's Fine pets?  There are 2 in NM and some in
west Texas according to the manager I spoke with the other day.

Pine, pine and more pine in the food dishes!!!! Every one was sneezing and
coughing.

One that wasn't quite a baby had yellow-green discharge from his nose.  The
manager said she would check on him.  I waited outside a few minutes and
never saw anyone check on any of them.

They weren't busy with any customers at the time either.  I asked but
wasn't given any way of contacting the owner.  She said she knew all this
but there was nothing she could do.

Just my particular experience and more than a little bothered and disturbed
by it.

Seems like people would notice, even just a bit, that things don't look or
sound "right" and might reconsider supporting the offending store or
stores.  Seems that they wouldn't want or approve of a potential pet being
kept in such conditions.

Please let me know if you know how to contact this owner.

Sonya
Loving and missing Ren every day in every way.