From:
Kevin Farlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2012 07:59:37 -0700
>Has anyone used a sedative to alleviate the stress caused by the death
>of a long term cage mate. If so what was used.

I haven't used sedatives. Intense attention, constant love and
reassurance, treats, spoon feeding soupie or whatever you can get Suki
to eat. Where necessary, supportive care such as "assisted feeding"
and/or fluids, possibly with a B-complex injection to boost the
appetite may help.

>The situation is not helped by the introduction of a new kit as
>potential new friend to whom Suki has taken instant dislike, even
>hatred and has has attacked without even a warning hiss.

We have had some like that, who never accept any other ferret after
their partner passes, and live out their lives bonded to their humans
instead.

Good luck,
Kevin Farlee