From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:32:56 -0800
I've heard quite a few people complain about shelters not responding to
their e-mails about the Giving Tree.  I even had someone email me last
year asking why the shelter I volunteer with didn't take the time to
send her a thank you note.  That she found it "rude" :-/ !!!???

I'm confused.  The address for the shelters is listed under each ferret
on the tree.  So what is the issue?  Is it that they won't respond when
you're asking specifics about what to get?  Or do you want them to make
sure they know the ferret is getting something?  And that it's from YOU?

Ferret shelter operators are a REALLY busy bunch of people.  Most are
managing jobs, family as well as a shelter.  They've got sick ferrets
to care for, vet visits to deal with, running around town picking up
surrendered ferrets - it doesn't end.  If they don't respond - send
whatever you want to send.  Maybe it won't be EXACTLY what that ferret
needs but so what?  Maybe they'll get other items and swap them around
between ferrets.  It's not like each ferret is going to sit down and open
THEIR present and then fight that one got better toys than the other!

I think we need to remember that this is all about giving.  It's not for
you to get recognition, it's not a "favor" you're doing for the shelter.
If they don't respond just get some ferrety stuff - mail it off - and
smile knowing that you're making some fuzzy's life a bit more happy at
a shelter.

That's what this season's supposed to be all about.

Laura and The Seattle Seven at www.ferretocious.com