From:
Ann Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2013 07:44:43 -0700
Hello, I think I should start with that. Now I will catch everyone up.

My name is Ann Church and I run a ferret shelter in Manchester Ohio
called Ann's Ferret Shelter & Adoption Inc. On July 13th we will be
having a grill out to raise funds for our, yes the number has gone up,
32 adrenal ferrets to get implants. We will be having a silent auction
also and that is what I am writing about. We are in desperate need
of items for the auction. These items can be ferret and non-ferret
related items, yes I didn't believe it at first but there are actually
non-ferret related items. Who knew, lol.

We currently have, dare I say it, 75 ferrets here at the shelter.
Over 50 are permanent residents. I was planning on hitting up local
businesses and other places and trying not to bother the ferret
community but I have had a very bad day yesterday and thought I know I
will not be able to do this alone. Yesterday, the worse day in a couple
of years, my hubby was on a motorcycle on his way to work and got hit
in the side while going 40mph by a deer. Yes, the deer ran into him.
Before you get all worried the deer made it to the other side and was
just stunned. My hubby didn't ditch the bike or even go down he was
able to get the bike back under control. No punt intended he went to
work and when he exited the bike he realized he could not stand on the
leg the deer ran into. Here is where the no punt intended comes in,
being a man he had someone drive him to the doctor's office by his
work, he thought he might have bruised it really bad and be able to get
back to work. The doctor took x-rays and found a spiral fracture in the
bone that runs from the ankle to the knee. He sent him to the hospital.
That is where I come in. He called me and let me know what was
happening because he realized he would need a ride home from the
hospital. Before we go on, I must admit he is still alive and I have
not made him into ferret soup as I originally promised. At the hospital
we found out he had not only a spiral fracture but another on by his
knee cap. Both caused by the deer and not me, I swear. He sees the otho
doctor on Wednesday. He is laid up and cannot put any pressure on his
leg or move it at all.

I noticed a lump on my boy Nickie neck the day before and I made a vet
appointment for him yesterday. On the way to the appointment after
getting my hubby drugged and tucked into bed, I got pulled over by the
cops. Yes, I was not paying attention I was just trying not to cry over
hubby and keep myself together. 69 in a 55. Yes, a very nice ticket
indeed. No sympathy there, thanks guys. Not to mention my son getting
ready to graduate from the police academy. Boy is he going to laugh at
me. I get to the vet and the vet thinks it might be lymphoma; Nickie is
scheduled for surgery on the 25th. Nickie is my only personal ferret.

Now here is where you come in... I can really use donations and
items for the silent auction. Please send any donations to
[log in to unmask] via PayPal. Any items you wish to send please
send to
308 Washington Street
Manchester Ohio 45144

All fund raised go to the adrenal ferrets. I will post on here how much
we have raised. Even one dollar helps. We would love to see everyone
at the fund raiser but we know not everyone can make it. If you run a
shelter of your own and cannot donate we thank you for just caring for
these fuzzy wonderful babies. This will be our once a year fund raiser
and we are hoping to have it once a year every year. All food is free
and you will need to bring your own drinks

God bless you all. Don't worry hubby will not become soup for the
ferrets as I do not want to make them sick, lol.

Thanks.

Ann's Ferret Shelter & Adoption Inc.
501(c)3 non-profit organization
308 Washington Street