From:
Debra Sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:40:37 -0400
It is with a heavy and broken heart that I let everone know that
"Liberty's Freedom Spirit" has left us for the Rainbow Bridge with
the help of Dr. Bruce.

Spirit came to me in 2002 from CKF as my first V-Hob. He was of
Canadian and American decent. Spirit was a gorgeous Sable Blaze and
loved the ladies. He was a gentleman in the true sense of the word.
He would give the girls massages and kisses before he perforemed his
duties as a V-Hob and if they didn't want to sleep in the hammoch with
them, Spirit would sleep on the floor or the oversized litter pan in
his home.

It all started with what we thought was an abcessed tooth and put
Spirit on Amoxi to combat what we though was an infection. When this
didn't clear up, we took Spirit in to see Dr. Kelli and surgery was
performed. The tissue was debulked but what was found was CANCER in his
Maxilla. I looked on the internet to see if there were any articles on
this type of cancer and I found it on Dr. Williams site. What SPirit
had is called "Squamous Cell Carcinoma" which I got from reading is
typicly rare in ferrets but not dogs & cats and there is no medical
treatment for this condition other than than taking out a portion of
the jawbone (IF it isn't caught soon enough) which is effected and
doing a bone graph. This cancer starts in the soft tissue and then
invades the bone and will run like wildfire. This condition was also
complicate because Spirit was also Insulinomic.

So SaraFerret, will you PLEASE greet Liberty's Freedom Spirit when he
arrives at the Rainbow Bridge for me? Please make sure he is met be my
crew at Fuzzy Loving Lane. He will probably not know any of the boys,
but will most certainly know a lot of the girls there.

Spirits passing was quick so he probably doesn't know what has happened
to him. Please let him know that I and Daddy Keith DO love him, but we
didn't want him to suffer anymore dispite that we know he didn't want
to leave us.

Give im a BIG kiss for us and explain to Spirit that we will see him
again some day.

Here is a picture of Spirit when he was younger so you will recognise
him. [No picture on FML. BIG]

Thank you SaraFerret!
With Love & Hugs
from mommy Debi & daddy Keith