From:
"~*Jules*~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:24:27 -0400
Hey FMLers,
Here are the first 6 ingredients in two ferret foods that I am using.
Can someone tell me which is better?  Also is it a good idea to keep
mixing them?  Should I mix others in there occasionally?  Just wondering
because of all the talk about food imprinting and such..  Let me know!

Food 1: Poultry Meal, Poultry By-Product Meal, Animal Fat,
        Ground Corn, Soybean Meal, Corn Gluten Meal
Protein 38%, Fat 20.5%, Fiber 4%, Moisture 12%

Food 2: Poultry Meal, Fish Meal, Animal Fat, Soy Flour, Kibbled Corn,
        Dried Beet Pulp
Protein 35%, Fat 18%, Fiber 4%, Moisture 12%

Oh..  they are also getting a milk replacement powder in their food
(Esbilac brand 33% protien, 40% fat etc.)..  for some extra protien and
fat, vitamins, etc.  They seem to like this mix.  I'm also trying to get
them onto some raw foods but am having problems with that.  Haven't been
able to reach Bob C with some questions about that, Has Anyone heard from
him?

So yea, I guess my questions are 1.  Which food is better?  2.  is Fish
Meal Good?  3.  Should I continue to mix them?  4.  Should I mix other
brands in sometimes?  5.  Does anyone have any tips on how to get them
onto any raw foods?  6.  Has anyone heard from/about Bob C?

Thanks all!
- Jules
+ Romeo & Julliet
Look For Us At The Philly Pherret Phest!