From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2008 23:13:07 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge and SaraFerret was busy making toys
for de kits. She just finished making de last of dem when she heard a
knocking at de door. Now who could dat be, as she was off duty today.
She ran to de door to open it (big mistake) and Dexter, de little boy
courier, slammed de door open at de same time, splatting her against de
wall. Dexter came on in and said, "SawaFewwet, I wishes you would quit
messing awound pwaying fwat fewwet. you has a message from de Boss. A
fewwet is getting weady to cwoss de bwidge." As she slowly unpeeled
herself from de wall and began to fluff out once again she thought to
herself, (why do I always get Dexter as de courier--oh never mind. I
will just have to get myself together) -- so she took de note from
Dexter and sent him on his way to get de requested fuzzies (hoping he
would get de right ones--not bunnies, like he did one time) and she
headed for de bridge.

Just in time to meet a fuzzy with a small backpack at de entrance. As
I starts to introduce myself, I notices dat I still has de stuff toy
in my paw (well I will put dat to good use now).

"Hi, I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. And as a welcome gift here is a mousey toy."

"Thank you for the toy. I had to leave all my toys behind when I made
my trip here. My name is FuzzBuzz but you can just call me Buzz. I
belong to Mommy Ingrid. Do you know her? I was really bad sick, but I
feel lots better now. Do you think I will have any friends here? I
don't like to be all by myself. Do you have any dirt to dig in here?"

Questions, questions, many new arrivals have dem. But here dey can
always ask as many as dey want and dey always get answers. " Well Buzz,
I is glad dat you are feeling better now, you look good. I don't know
you Mommy but I has heard of her. Yes you have friends here and later
you will have a surprise. We have lotsa places to dig dirt here. And
oh by de way, I sees dat you are carrying a backpack (unlike humans
fuzzies can take it with dem, anything dey can stuff in dere secret
backpack). Would you likes to show me whats you have in it?"

Well, Buzz just looks at me kinda funny-like and ask, " Are you gonna
take it away from me if I show it to you--there is not much of anything
in there just a few little things from home, not anything you would
want to have."

I replied, "Buzz, I is not gonna take anything from you, I is just
nosey like any fuzzy. If you don't wanna show me dat's ok."

"Ok, he said, I'll show you, but I have to put it right back." Den
he pulled out a small cloth bag dat he said was filled with hugs and
kisses and a piece of Mommy's of heart. Also dere was a piece of
Mommy's hair dat he brought, so he could hold it close to him and
remember her. Den he carefully put it back in his pack.

Den I tells him all about de wings he was gonna get just like my wings.
He said he had noticed mine but didn't want to mention anything as he
thought dey were some kind of growth and didn't want to be rude. So we
started on down de garden path and ran into a group of his friends,
Woody, Pip, and Willy. It was Reunion Time. Buzz was so happy to seem
dem, now he wouldn't have to worry about being alone. Den he showed dem
what he had brought across de bridge. He unzipped his pack and took out
de lock of hair and dey all took turns caressing it and sniffing de
scent of Mommy so far away. Den he carefully packed it away for another
time. So we continued on until we got to de Wing House where de wings
were stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box (of
course). Buzz opened de box and took out de wings--Royal Blue with
green streaks--perfect for a fuzzy who had lived such a long life. His
buddies helped him put on his wings and adjusted his halo. He ran to de
big vanity mirror and gazed at his reflection--for de first time in a
long while he could see de handsome fuzzy he once was, why he looked
as tho he was almost an adolescent male. Den he turned to me and said,
"Gee I wish Mommy and Daddy could see me now." Den I gots an idea.

We opened de door and went down de road to de Misting Pond and sat down
beside de cool clear water. With one swish we saw a vision of Mommy
Ingrid and Daddy Andy appear. Buzz started waving and dooking with all
of his might.

"I love you so much. Thank you for loving me. I feel lots better now.
I even have a mousey toy. I has wings now and after I has lesson I can
fly. I hope you don't mind me taking a piece of your heart and a lock
of your hair. I so much wants a part of you when I made my journey
here."

Den he started to throw his hugs, kisses, and promises and wrapped
dem with all of his love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which
was headed to your house and by de time you should read dis you should
have received dem. And with another swish de vision was gone.

We left dere and went another way toward a special place where a
surprise was planed for Buzz. The Otter MudSlide. Perfect for a fuzzy
who like to play in dirt. His eyes opened wide. Everyone took off dere
wings and laid dem in a row. Up de log we all climbed one by one. Frist
was Woody who wanted to show Buzz how it was done. Den Buzz went down,
den Willy, and after was Pip, and of course, me. Up and down we all
zipped. We were all covered in mud. After a few times, I caught Buzz
building mudcastles in de mud, hmm, I had never thought of dat. So we
all joined in doing dat. Den we went back to playing on de slide. It
was so easy to see dat Buzz was happy with his friends

So ended another day at de Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter