Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 11:25:20 -0400
Now that I've heard a little about Renee's excursions at Alex's, I'm
hugely curious about others experiences who have been blessed with her
visits. People that have been treated to Renee's visits already have
memories of the site of her SUV driving ninety to nothing down the
street so packed with stuff that it almost tips over from the center
of gravity being too high. You have to visualize this. On top of the
heap are ferret cages. People who pass by are at risk of running off
the road from not being able to turn away from helpless and sometimes
pleading eyes of cute ferret faces staring at them through the
windows. I'm kidding. In truth Renee's ferrets are wild party animals.
Completely gypsy. So if anyone is apt to run off the road from the
site of the ferrets through the windows it's because of the wild party
that goes on and their jealousy from not being part of it. Back to the
picture. Renee likes a cool breeze blowing through her hair while on
the road, so her window is often partly open. She pulls down her
sunglasses, spreads her maps on top of a heaping nest on the front seat
next to and around her, sets up her water bottle in her lap, and turns
on her Sirius radio to old show tunes and off she goes. You can hear
her as she passes by shouting, er singing, "On the Road Again". Alex
neglected to say that it is IMPOSSIBLE to open a single door of her
vehicle without an avalanche of half eaten take out food, maps, water
bottles, and a host of unimaginable items falling out and onto the
ground at your feet.

Among the things found in Renee's car as well as some of the many
things that sometimes get "left" along the way:

Works of art, bags of brand new clothes from shopping excursions (that
she brings right to your door so that you may shop as well!) that
include everything from fuzzy socks to pjs, fresh fruit and veges from
produce stands that she happened along the way, a banjo, hand creams,
books, magazines, software, bags of groceries, cases of jams, a ham,
bags of brand new toothbrushes, candles, random and I do mean RANDOM
things that she has happened upon that are so out of the blue I can't
begin to remember, pots and utensils, her ipod that she still can't
work, her laptop, everything ferret -- ferrets (yeah ferrets, she
rescues and rehomes remember, plus she helps with transports), massive
bags of wood stove pellets, ferretvite, fresh bottles of water, ferret
foods, ferret treats, brand new bedding, toys, omg, I can't even
remember everything ferret that she brings by and hands out.

It's really too bad that I can't remember the truly interesting things
that have been found in Renee's car so that I could share them with
you. Next time she "blows" through, I'm taking notes. Because I'm such
a good friend that way.

ps, before some of you take some of this too seriously, Renee does
travel safely and her ferret cages are secured to the seats.