From:
Randy Horton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 01:48:44 -0600
Nutrition or choice of food if you may is a constant debatable subject that
we see on the Fml.  Tommorrow, I'm going to post an article on the
procedure that we use in our shelter to switch ferrets of all ages and food
preferences onto what we consider to be the best food on the market for
ferrets.  Some of you are going to disagree with me on this subject so I
would like to challenge all of you out there that have or currently are
oprating shelters out their with extreme knowledge of ferrets to post your
ideas and procedures for switching ferrets from one food to another.  I
guess it's only fair to say that my way , which may work well for me and my
shelter volunteers, is not the only way and would really like to see all
you of more knowlegable guys and gals put it out there for all the new
ferrets owners that have been posting on the Fml recently.  The list is
constantly growing and full of new folks just needing to know what some of
you have in your brains about ferrets.  I for one would like to see for
just once, an organized efforts by some of you folks that have been owned
by fuzzies for a long time on a particular subject that would give
everybody options and maybe squelch some of the smart alecks out there that
get off on ridiculing one particular person or picking them apart just
because that person don't agree with someone else's way of doing things.
Most of us shelter operators do things our way.  because it's our shelter,
we worked hard and always will to keep it going in a mannner that mostly
suits us and still benefits our fuzzies and the community we serve.  Don't
get me wrong, as I believe that everyone has a right to agree or disagree
and to speak his piece on their beliefs, but I for one don't appreciate
some folks attempt at bad humor( a smart aleck) when it come to ferret
health and welfare.  Maybe I've just seen to much here at the shelter to
appreciate some of the e-mail I've gotten recently not only personally ,
but posted in my guest book on my web site about chicken fried ferrets,
feeding ferrets raw rabbits, ducks and using ferrets for sexual fantasies.
So, back to my subject... can we all get together tommorrow with our ideas
and let the new folks be the judge of which way they want to go.  I know
you all have some great ideas that are just sitting there in your brain
waiting to get out.  Thanks in advance for participating.  ferretguy