From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:37:48 EDT
Over the past ten years in this city, apartments, duplex's, etc., have had
been getting strict rules prohibiting ferrets to renters.  Finally after
living here for eight years we were approached as well as many, many other
renters in this complex that if we did not get rid of our pets we were to
leave.  We could have fought this legally ... but who would want to?!  I
didn't want to stay where I wasn't wanted, etc., and feel insecure.  So
everyone began to move, choosing their pets over a lease.  For us there was
no where to go with five ferrets, and the rest of the zoo.

Luckily because we are such good tenants and so emaculate, we were allowed
to stay until we found a solution whereas others were not.  Furthermore,
luck had it that this year my husband made double what he ever has in past
years.  We came to find that purchasing some sort of home, was a
possibility for us.  You have to understand with being handicapped myself
and with several medical problems and a special needs son (actually two)..
we are neveeeeer out of debt.  So we thought never in our wildest dreams
could we achieve this.  Of course never in my adulthood has it been so
easy to get a home with the current market here, new financial aid programs
and lowered interest rates.

We thought we'd end up with an old home, in our current neighborhood, with
barely any room for all of us.  It was quite depressing.  But then the
mortgage company was so touched by our sons bringing in pennies, by our
loyalty and love for our animals, and by the Modern Ferret magazine, that
they fought for us.  That article on Sean and Rocky in Modern Ferret was
actually submitted to the underwriters along with all our financial
information.  Not only did we get a super low rate, but we got a buy down
program (a new thing), qualified for FHA, and got a larger loan.  This all
because of ferrets.  You see the article made us look more like "people"
to the underwriters than just another name or number.

I know this to be fact.  We were told so.  Also before all this we were
turned away from other mortgage companies before this one.  Others said we
couldn't even get a conventional loan with the highest of rates.  They can
eat ferret poop!!!

So you see, we never would have been brave enough to try.  It was the
situation with the ferrets that "forced us" into the situation because of
our loyalty towards them.  Furthermore, we would never have received the
wonderful loan that we did if it were not for the love of our ferrets once
agaaain.

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/