From:
Susie Tice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 12:31:59 -0400
Hey all!

I'm not much of a writer but I have been reading FML for almost a year now.
I wanted to share a story that occurred this past weekend.  My fiance and I
went away for the weekend, leaving our two ferrets, Ferra and Mischief,
alone in their five story condominium.  I am a very anal person, organized
and I have to-do lists coming out of my.... Anyways, we came home late
Monday night only to find out that I had forgotten to shut the bottom door
on the cage!  (An item that is now on my
"when-we-leave-for-the-weekend-list") I panicked and was frantic not knowing
where they were and if they were hurt.  We searched the apartment, looked in
their favorite places to hide to no avail.  So I made a mental list, where
is the ten most likely places that they would be?  (We all know that they
wouldn't be there so what was the use looking there!!!) Then I went to the
opposite direction, where wouldn't they be.  Sure enough, they were sound
asleep in the cage just like two little angels.  They did even make a
mess!!!  Which is more than I can say when we are around.  We keep their
treats and some things that we don't want them to get in, like yarn and
erasers, on the top shelf in the computer room.  Needless to say they were
hid, gone to the human world.  So, Ferra and Mischief had a mini-vacation
away from Mom and Dad and they had the run of the house.  Heck, they have
the run of the house when we are here.  Thanks for letting me share my
story.  8-)

Oh yeah, I finally broke down and got the ferts some clear dryer hose.
Every day is a new adventure for them.  Mischief's tail has been wagging
non-stop for over a week now!  Never a dull moment.

Susie  (come on Paul, let's go to the pet store)
Paul  (no, we are not getting another ferret)   (yet....)
Ferra  (they are gone, call everyone it is PARTY TIME!!!)
Mischief  (DOOK, DOOK, DOOK)  he says with tail wagging!  (I got the dryer
hose!)