From:
Chelsea Rebecca Herriott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 1996 14:09:38 -0400
Hi.  My name is Chelsea and I jsut got my first ferret, Estelle.  The pet
store told me that she was ten weeks old, spayed, descented, and litter
trained.  However, she doesn't seem to use the litter tray.  She sleeps in
the litter pan and uses my carpet as a bathroom.  Any suggestions for
training her to use the litter?... I tried to put the droppings in the
litter and she used it litter once, then I woke up and she was sleeping in
it.

I also have a question about biting.  At the store, she was very friendly
and curious.  She was that way when I first brought her home but now, a few
days later, she has become almost vicious.  When I try to get her out of her
cage, I approach her from the front and talk to her so that she won't be
startled.  However, my hands are now covered with band-aids from being
bitten.  Is this normal?  I don't know if she needs more time to asjust or
if she simply doesn't like me.  Any suggestions?...

I hope I don't sound completely ignorant.  I suscribed to the list a month
or so before I got her so that I could be better educated but these are
things that I wasn't expecting.  Thanks!