From:
New Rainbow Bridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:35:17 -0400
>If you haven't watched Jake and Jasper from start to finish? You
>really have no business forming any opinion on this film and its
>possible benefits or harms. Unless you have seen the movie and have
>researched what the film maker is creating this next time? I don't
>even want to hear from you personally. I HAVE seen the first one. The
>first one that features a shelter operator as a main character and the
>shelter itself as one of the main locations. The first one who's whole
>story line is based around the shelter, shelter operator, volunteer
>and adopter. The first one that goes in great depth not in one scene
>but through out the film about how difficult ferret care can be, how
>misunderstood they are, and how often they are "dumped".

Are we talking about the same movie? Because Jake & Jasper had nothing
whatever to do with a shelter, shelter operator, volunteer, or adopter.
It was about a young boy who received a ferret as a gift from his older
sister. I don't remember her even mentioning where she got the ferret.
Which leads to the inevitable question: Did you watch the first movie?

>You cannot begin to compare the first movie to, well, really any other
>animal movie that's been done quite honestly. So being that the first
>film was pioneering and has nothing to compare it to? How can you
>discuss it with any authority? How can you say for one second it will
>reap the negative results that other animal films have such as 101
>Dalmatians?? You can't.

Yes, we can assume that the results of this movie will be pretty much
the same as the dozens of earlier movies and TV shows that focused on
animals. That's called "empirical evidence," and its the hallmark of
good research.

Albert Einstein once defined insanity as "doing the same thing, over
and over again, but expecting different results." Make a movie that
shows cute, furry critters doing amazing things, and people will buy
them on impulse. And it won't be long before they're filling the
shelters, just like they did before.

Steve Bodofsky
The New Rainbow Bridge, and
The Last Chance Ferret Rescue