From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 06:08:38 -0800
Hi, all.

Please note that I have made the switch to yahoo.com.  Although the
ferretlovers.com site gave good service for many years, we have just had
too many problems with it since it upgraded.  I have been trying to get
this post through to you for four days!  I would like to personally thank
the folks at ferretlovers.com for the time they hosted the Rainbow
Bridge, and I wish them all the best in the future.

Sandee
I met a little girl coming across the Bridge.  Her name was Sassy.  Her
Brother in Fur Smokey stood with me to Greet her.  She walked across the
Bridge with a confident stride, looking all around with keen interest.

Then, she saw Smokey...and stopped.  I don't think that she could move, I
know he was the love of her life.  He walked slowly up to her and touched
noses, just one time, very gently.  Sassy closed her eyes in pleasure
then, and I think that if we ferrets could purr, Sassy would have.

Smokey said quietly "Your new fur is beautiful, Sassy." She didn't say
anything, just shyly dropped her head, and gave one of her front legs a
lick.  Then he said some things to her so quietly that I couldn't hear
them, but that was fine, I knew they weren't meant to be heard by anyone
but Sassy.  Whatever he said, it obviously pleased her, because she put
her head on his shoulder, and he put his on hers, in return, and they
just stood that way, together.

I walked away.  The wings, the hammie, it could all wait.  After all,they
have forever.

I met another little girl coming across the worn wooden planks of the
Bridge.  Her name was Jamocha, and I don't think that I will EVER forget
the way that she came across!

Now, I have seen a lot of war-dancing in my time, some in the World of
the Living, and a great deal more here in the Afterworld.  But I have
NEVER seen such an...ah,eccentric(?)...unusual(?)...unique(?) Yeah, a
*unique* war-dance, ever!

Jamocha came bouncing and bucking across the Bridge, she carromed off of
the wooden side-rails like a pinball!  She fell, rolled, and got back up
again, and danced in place, each leap making a 180 degree about face!
She fell again, and rolled over and over like a tin can.  Finally, she
bounced into *me*!  I saw her coming, but there was no way I could get
out of her path in time, it was hard enough just trying to guess which
way she would pivot next!

She landed square on my back, dooking like mad!  We both hit the ground
and rolled this time, and a huge cheer went up from a small group of Wild
Black Footed ferrets standing nearby.  "Won-derful," I thought, "In five
minutes there will be *fifty* of the Wilds here with a bottle of beer,
and all heck will bust loose!" Those guys will use just about any excuse
for a party.

I was wrong. It only took them four.

I met a little guy coming across the bridge, but I didn't wait for him
alone.  His Busines of Winkwomp and Bilbo stood with me to Greet him.
His name was Chance.

Well, the three touched noses and chatted politely, but it was obvious to
me that they didn't know each other that well.  Winkwomp and Bilbo were
certainly acquainted, but they didn't seem very close to Chance.  I had
a thought about that, because I knew something about Chance!

The four of us put on our wings at my urging, and lifted off into the
fresh, sweet smelling air.  We flew over grassy meadows riotous with
wildflowers, we flew over gently rising hills.  The ground became more
arid, and rocky.  The rocks had a definite pinkish tinge to them, and
after a while they were a rich, rusty red.

We came to the canyonlands, and then to the Red Sandstone Canyon filled
with...you guessed it.  Millions upon millions of fresh white rolls of
toilet paper.  Now here's the secret I knew about Chance...he had a real
thing for toilet paper, and why not?  There is nothing like shredding a
tightly wrapped roll!  Rip!  Tear!  Bite!  I thought that Chance was
going to fall out of the sky when we flew into sight of the canyon!

Chance, Winkwomp, Bilbo and I spent a good fifteen minutes eagerly
tearing and slashing, and flinging the diaphanous shreds to the winds,
before I excused myself on the pretext of "Work to do." I knew that the
three guys would never forget this trip, and it would be the stepping
stone to what I am happy to announce is today a fine friendship!  It
was the first trip to the canyonlands that they made together, but it
will not be their last!

Sandee