From:
Roberto Iseppi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 22:01:56 +0200
>My older ferret, Mashka, had intermittent diarrhea for almost two month.
>she had sometimes green and slimy/ grainy loose stools.  She lost some
>weigh and was sleeping all the time.  I took her to the vet, he did not
>find ECE but gave her Amoxillin, which was >not making any difference.  Now
>she is much better, eating well but still has abnormal stools sometimes.
>Vicky.

I would like to tell Vicky that I have had the same problem:
it started in February (I posted on the FML too) for no reason!  My 4
ferrets are well isolated from other animals or humans, but 1 of them
started with occasional diarrhea as you described!  There is no ECE here in
Italy as there are no ferrets at all!  I gave him amoxicillin with no
results, I gave him Pepto Bismol with no results too!  So I gave him
Kaopectate and it stopped and then started again!  (Also you can imagine how
difficult it is to get these American brand drugs here ....) I got
frustrated so I decided to stop giving him any medicine and voila' he is
fine now!  His appetite has never diminished though and has not lost weight!
I think that it happened because of the weather (sound silly eh?), as we had
some sudden hot days and probably he "felt" them!

I would like to know the development of your situation as I am always
keeping an eye on him!

I read that occasional diarrhea could be a symptom of lymphosarcoma.........

Ciao
Roberto