From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:24:52 -0700
We are looking for some help from the raffle guru's.

Things here at the shelter are getting desperate.  Ferrets come in, but
they aren't going out very fast.  Anyone need another fuzzie???

We both (mom & dad) work full time jobs (plus ot), and have little time
for much else, other than taking care of the shelter.  We do education at
local pet stores a couple times each month, but that does little to help
defray the costs of running the shelter.

Neither of us are handy at sewing or making crafts to raise money, and
neither are any good at begging.  And the few grants we have tried for,
always send us a nice letter, but that is it.  (we've got plenty of
scratch paper now)

So I thought we could have a raffle, and introduce people to some of
Maine's most famous residents.  Lobsters!!  Lobsters and clams shipped to
anywhere in the country, to help the kids in the shelter.  What could be
better?  But alas, I have no idea how to run a raffle over the net.  Who
provides the numbers, how they are assigned, who draws the numbers, etc.
We are 501c3 Non-profit, State licensed and inspected, and just live to
help the ferrets.  Can you help us to help them?  Anyone with any ideas
how to run a fair and legal raffle to raise money for the shelter, please
feel free to email on the FML or privately.

Jim

Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, 501c3 Non-profit shelter.
Donate to shelter ferrets by clicking
igive.com/from