Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 15:09:59 -0400
Hi all,

This is a (mostly) GRAMMATICALLY CORRECTED version of my previous post.
Guess I am a bit tired today!! :)  Sorry!  [I deleted that one.  BIG]

I live in NH, and was thinking that it would be nice if there was a central
site for all the different New England shelters, and New England owners,
so that they could have a centralized place to exchange information,
announcements, and ideas.  Since the NE states are so small that for the
most part it isn't a long trip to get from one to the other, I also thought
a New England site, rather than a single state site, would be useful.

So being a webmaster, I designed one.  I'd like folks to take a look and
see what you think.  The website is:

http://www.ziplink.net/~mninivag/ferrets

So far it has a discussion board, a calendar that you can post an event on
(or look one up on), and a "want ads" board.  I am still developing the
site, so it's a little bare right now.  Suggestions are most welcome.  If
any shelters want to post events to the site, email me for the password.

I'd like to add more in the future.  For example, I was having a discussion
with someone about which ferret shelters work with which municipal/public
animal shelters in the area (providing a process to get ferrets from
shelters not equipped to deal with them to shelters that are).  I was
thinking about creating a list on the site that would identify these
relationships, as well as the public shelters with no affiliation so that
ferret shelters can work to create one.

Also, if the moderator says it is okay, I will be adding a link to the FML
signup page in the near future.  [OK with me.  BIG]

This site will have no affiliation with any particular club or shelter.
It's meant to be a neutral gathering place.  It's also being built on my
spare time as a personal site, so it may take awhile to get everything in
place.

Please stop by and check it out.  Thanks!

- Mike